Environment.ini - A common problem

• Admin

A lot of people ask me why their configs aren't parsing the data properly from the wordlist.

99% of the times this is due to the fact that the config was built using a specific Wordlist Type which is not present in your Environment.ini file.

Take for example Alice and Bob.

Alice builds a config using the Wordlist Type PassHash which accepts a data line shaped like hello:5d41402abc4b2a76b9719d911017c592 and splits the two values separated by a : in two slices: PASS and HASH.
    This is the corresponding entry in Alice's Environment.ini:

[WLTYPE]
    Name=PassHash
    Regex=^.+:[a-f0-9]{32}$
    Verify=True
    Separator=:
    Slices=PASS,HASH

The regular expression will match the password part (at least 1 character long), the semicolon and then a 32-character hexadecimal string, which is our MD5 hash.

Now, if Alice sends the config to Bob and Bob does not add that Wordlist Type to his own Environment.ini file, Bob's OpenBullet will not be able to split the data line properly.

So make sure your Environment.ini is always updated with Wordlist Types which are required for the configs to run properly.

• I have created a config using a new Wordlist Type "MAC address" which accepts a data line shaped like 91:75:1A:EC:9A:C7 or 91-75-1A-EC-9A-C7

This is the corresponding entry in Environment.ini:

[WLTYPE]
    Name=MACs
    Regex=^([0-9A-Fa-f]{2}[:-]){5}([0-9A-Fa-f]{2})$
    Verify=True
    Separator=
    Slices=MAC

is this correct?
    Running the config does not work. It does not get hits.
    but in stacker yes 😞

Thanks ruri

• Admin

Hey, Stacker doesn't check for strict requirements on the regex match, but the Runner does!
    I see your Separator field is blank, maybe put another character there like a comma so it would look like this
    Separator=,
    Let me know if it works!

• Yes!!! it works great

Thank you very much!!! Best regards