The future is now old man

• Admin

Hi everyone.

I thought I would drop a few lines to let you know about what I'm working on during these days of quarantine.

You all know OpenBullet is already 1 year old (and some code that I ported over from its predecessor is well over 2 years old). I started writing it when I first started learning C# and there are plenty of things that can be improved. The codebase is lacking, things are getting hard to patch, working on features is not pleasing when you have to spend hours trying to get WPF to work and look half decent. And also LoliScript is just poorly done, there's no denying that.

That's why I'm making a full rewrite of the application from the ground up. Yes, you read well, I'm working on what you can call OpenBullet v2. Is it time for the hype? Not yet, the project is in a very early stage but it's promising.

What I feel like disclosing right now is this:

• The program will run cross-platform (based on ASP .NET core) and it can be hosted both locally and remotely
    • There will be a web interface, so you will be able to control OB from your tablet when you're sitting on the toilet while the code is running on a cheap Linux VPS
    • The library will have unit tests and support async

I want to make it clear that I've started working on this a week ago (even though I did proper research before starting), so it's too early for giving a confirmation if this thing will actually work, let alone giving a release date.

I just wanted to let you know that because of this, my attention shifted towards the new project and I won't be patching OpenBullet 1 as frequently as I did in the past 2 months. I'm still going to release patch 1.2.2 in May so wait for the announcement when the time comes!

Alright, thanks for tuning in!
    Stay awesome (and safe),

Ruri

The future is now old man