OpenBullet not opening - DB file too large?

• Hi guys so I went to see the progress of my openbullet scraping and i saw that open bullet had been closed. I tried to run it but no luck. When deleting the DB file it ran. I really need the data in the format that i captured it, tried to use DBlite viewer and stuff but for the capture column it doesnt present it in the readable format as openbullet. I would really appreciate if anyone could give me some guidance on what to do.

Many thanks

• Admin

You could extract them from LiteDB and then use excel or something like that to work with the data

• @Ruri Thanks for the reply. Do you think if I waited long enough it will eventually open? The DB size is 500mb if that helps

• Admin

I have no clue, that's a pretty huge DB i always recomment clearing the hits you don't use. Anyways I kinda regret switching from SQLite to LiteDB. Sure it's much easier code-wise but it's giving a lot of problems that SQLite did not have.

• Mod

@lukesped in my experiences, if you just walk away and go eat or something and come back it will have loaded up and i could go from there. When i notice OB taking longer then usual to load, ill export the DB to a csv file. (You can store the DB in another folder and start a new one. You can use LiteDBexplorer or your tool of choice for the task. A tip tho, try to keep them around 200mb. At that point ill export the DB and purge the hits.This way your combo lists and configs arent affected by creating a fresh DB.

• @B1rdY Hi thanks for your reply, whenever i U se litedb explorer the capture data appears as an object. Any ideas how I would export just the capture as OB does? Or is there any mods that allow me to save the data to a text file as soon as it is parsed?

Also is there anyway to export all the hits at once to a text file? I notice when you purge hits its way faster than manually selecting all and deleting.

Thanks!

• Mod

@lukesped
    "Also is there anyway to export all the hits at once to a text file? "
    I find its best to do it straight from OB in the first place. select all and "save selected as" and repeat for Hits and Free ect ect. Less hassle all around.

" I use litedb explorer the capture data appears as an object."
    As far as i know that is an issue with the tool which is still in beta. that was simply an example of how to access data if for whatever reason you couldn't launch OB. Managing hits using openbullet IS the best way to manage them since the switch.
    With that said you can alternatively use a small simple tool called LiteDB Manager. that will show all cap data unlike Explorer seems to. Open the DB, highlight all and copy and paste to a text. from there you can use whatever text editor you use to manipulate the data as you choose. i will link to the tool at the bottom.

alt text

"Any ideas how I would export just the capture as OB does? Also is there anyway to export all the hits at once to a text file?"
    Almost the same question. Yeah. use OB to export the hits as i mentioned above from the HitsDB area and "saving as". or do what i mentioned above.

https://darwich.mx/downloads/

@Ruri think this thread can be closed as well