Parsing and solving a numeric padded captcha

• Admin

Hi guys.

Have you ever encountered a captcha like this?

b8d22a31-6d1d-4feb-a1a9-e8d03686fd08-immagine.png

In spite of its looks, this is not actually an image, in fact you can highlight the numbers on the page.
    It uses a different padding-left to display the digits in an order that is different from the one in the source code.

To solve this captcha we need to:

• Parse the padding-left values to a list
    • Sort them numerically from the lowest to the highest
    • Use them to parse the HTML entities from the page (one by one in the correct order)
    • Join and decode the resulting HTML entity string

Here's how the loliscript looks

SET SOURCE "<td align=right><div style='width:80px;height:26px;font:bold 13px Arial;background:#ccc;text-align:left;direction:ltr;'><span style='position:absolute;padding-left:60px;padding-top:5px;'>&#55;</span><span style='position:absolute;padding-left:26px;padding-top:7px;'>&#51;</span><span style='position:absolute;padding-left:42px;padding-top:5px;'>&#52;</span><span style='position:absolute;padding-left:10px;padding-top:5px;'>&#54;</span></div></td>"

PARSE "<SOURCE>" REGEX "padding-left:([0-9]+)px[^>]*>(&#[0-9]+;)" "[1]" Recursive=TRUE -> VAR "MATCHES" 
    UTILITY List "MATCHES" Sort Numeric=TRUE -> VAR "NUMBERS" 
    PARSE "<SOURCE>" REGEX "padding-left:<NUMBERS[0]>px[^>]*>(&#[0-9]+;)" "[1]" -> VAR "NUM1" 
    PARSE "<SOURCE>" REGEX "padding-left:<NUMBERS[1]>px[^>]*>(&#[0-9]+;)" "[1]" -> VAR "NUM2" 
    PARSE "<SOURCE>" REGEX "padding-left:<NUMBERS[2]>px[^>]*>(&#[0-9]+;)" "[1]" -> VAR "NUM3" 
    PARSE "<SOURCE>" REGEX "padding-left:<NUMBERS[3]>px[^>]*>(&#[0-9]+;)" "[1]" -> VAR "NUM4" 
    FUNCTION HTMLEntityDecode "<NUM1><NUM2><NUM3><NUM4>" -> VAR "FINAL" 

The FINAL variable will contain the value 6347 which is the correct order of digits we wanted.

Until next time,
    Ruri

• (https://i.postimg.cc/y8V30Dbt/gfgvb.png) @Ruri I never thought of solving it with Regex. Thank you. (Don't get stuck with naming it was the years when I just started
    ) 😛

• Try it on sites that don't have this lol https://prnt.sc/ud5off