OB not launching due to db file.

• I was using OB anomaly 1.4.4 and it stopped launching. i figured out it was due to the database as when i tried moving db to a different openbullet it would not launch. the size is only about 30000 kb so it is not to big and i am not sure how to recover my hits db. I tried putting the db on all different versions of openbullet and none have worked. please let me know if you have any ideas.

• Admin

You cannot recover them, the db in OB1 is flawed and can corrupt if the program closes itself while it's writing entries. I suggest you either use the save hits to disk feature in official OB 1.2.2 or you wait for OB2 which will have a better database. Recovering the hits is only possible through opening it with notepad and a lot of work i fear.

• @Ruri thanks for this answer. i didnt have too many hits so im not too worried but what can i do to prevent this in the future. also looking forward to ob2. 🙂

• Admin

To prevent this, download 1.2.2 and go to settings. You will find a checkbox to save hits to file instead of db.